What are some of the things that come to mind when you think about success in business? I’ve seen success and failure plenty of times. So often people get into a mindset [KJ1] where business is all they think and talk about. They’re robots in what they do for their business and in their life – and just being a good human is something they forget.
So what’s the real secret for success in business? Read on to find out.
What Are the 3 Pillars?
Every tool we use for life also works for business, and everything we use for business will also work as a tool for life. There are three pillars of success that can help you succeed – not only in your business, but in your life as well:
When you focus on these three things, you’ll really gain an understanding of how to be successful when relating to others, in both personal and business interactions.
Relationships are the foundation of any successful endeavor. Before you can establish any business connections, you need to build relationships and connect on a human level first.
- Work on your personal relationships. Whether it’s your marriage, kids, friends, or family, when you work on the relationship you have with others, you’ll have a deeper connection, and a successful partnership.
- Be a connector. Whether it’s business or personal connections, something that can connect you to someone else could be the catalyst for great business adventures in the future.
- Create a bigger circle. If you have the chance to introduce people to each other, do it. Many people that were friends with me have become friends themselves – and are now doing big and great things together. To introduce people that can make something bigger and better than you ever could alone, is really amazing. The connections get stronger, and the circle of communication gets wider.
When it comes to building business relationships, how are you connecting with the person on the other end of the phone, the other end of the email, or sitting across from you? Success in business comes with successful relationships.
If you see someone that needs help in business, and you can give something to them, you might not get anything in return for decades. But when it comes back, it comes back 10-fold – every single time.
- Give on social media. Are you posting a bunch of stuff that’s about you and your business, and only your topics? Or do you share things that can be of value to others?
- Share your ideas. Many people are giving products and services away for free so that other people can learn from them. And guess what? Those people are killing it. They’re having the most success because they’re not afraid of sharing.
- Remember where you came from. Remembering the community you grew up in, going back, and helping the people in that community is an extremely powerful thing. Whether its volunteering at schools, hospitals, shelters, or religious institutions, finding a way to help others will actually benefit you – and your own community is a great place to start.
Giving might just be the most “selfish” thing in the world – because it makes you feel amazing and gives you a higher sense of self. The gift of giving is that it actually gives more to you than to anyone else. It’s important to understand that when you give, you don’t have to expect something in return. But remember, usually it comes back so much bigger than you could ever have expected.
Being confident in what you do and having self-awareness is crucial. If you’re not confident in your messaging, your delivery, and your profession – or if you’re not self-aware enough to know what you’re good at and what you might not be, you won’t have success.
- Become more self-aware. You should be able to look in the mirror every day and understand who you see in front of you. Being able to look in the mirror and be grateful that you’re looking at something you can be proud of takes confidence – and that confidence shows to your clients and the people you serve.
- Love yourself. Have confidence in who you are. Be real, authentic, and honest. Your integrity all comes from your confidence, and that comes from within. If you don’t love yourself, you won’t find love in the world – and business is no different. Love yourself, love what you’re doing, love how you’re doing it, and put everything you’ve got into it.
- Your confidence is key. The way you portray yourself is the very thing that will make you so much more successful. If you’re confident in what you’re delivering, everyone around you is going to want it – whether it’s a product or a service.
Are You Successful in Business?
If you’re lacking in one of the three pillars, you can’t be successful. For you to succeed in business and life in general, you’ll need to make sure to equally focus on connecting, giving back, and building your self-confidence.
What do you think of when you think about your success in business? Here are some questions to help you build towards success:
- Are you a good person?
- Are you doing the things that other humans would be proud of?
- Are you the kind of person your family and friends want to be around?
- Are you happy with the person you see when you look in the mirror?
If you can positively answer the questions above, then you’re on the road to have success in business – and to really be exceptional.[KJ2]
How are you using these three things in your business and in your life? Click here to join in on our discussion.